10 Ingredients To Keep In Your Pantry For Kid Crafts
With school out, you’ll likely need to scrounge up activities to keep young kids entertained. Keep these kids crafts ingredients in the pantry and you’ll be able to distract them in an emergency.
3. Cream of Tartar or Alum
4. Kool Aid
5. Corn Syrup
6. Corn Starch
8. Baking Soda
9. White Vinegar
10. Food Coloring
Playdough Recipe (Healthier Than Play-Doh)
I have two recipes that call for 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7 (flour, salt, cream of tartar or alum, Kool Aid and oil). It just depends on which method you’d like to use, the results are both great.
Watercolor Paints Recipe
You have a few options here.
1. In an emergency, just open a pack of Kool Aid, dissolve in as little water as possible. Paint away. This smells nice too. A reader pointed this one out to me.
2. If you have more time and you think putting together the ingredients will calm the kids, use 5, 6, 8,9, and 10. These paints last longer.
Finger Paints Recipe
1. The easiest option is just corn syrup with food coloring. It dries a little sticky.
2. Water, flour and food coloring works too, though not as well. But let’s face it, when your desperate, anything will do.
3. Cornstarch, water and food coloring heated on the stove is our favorite option.
I created a zone in my pantry with these 10 ingredients.
I’ve created a FREE download for my readers to reference. It has our favorite recipes for play dough, finger paints, watercolor paints and slime.
Feel free to download it here. Enjoy!
(I’d love it if you’d like La Jolla Mom on Facebook by hitting the thumbs up in the sidebar. Thank you!)