One of our most prized travel companions is a pair of kid-safe headphones. On road trips, they prevent the iPad and car stereo from dueling over volume settings and on planes they enable her to watch movies without bothering other passengers. Our well-used pair of kid-safe headphones finally needed to be replaced so we decided to give JLab Audio’s JBuddies a try. La Jolla Girl tested them out during our last trip to Mexico City and was quite pleased. JLab Audio is an Oceanside-based company, too!
Why JBuddies Are Great For Kids
JBuddies are designed for kids ages 2 and up. Features include:
- A built-in volume limiter, which ensures a safe listening experience, limiting the volume to less than 90dB.
- Compatibility with all portable devices that feature a standard 3.5 mm jack, including iPad, iPhone, iPod, Kindle Fire, Nexus 7, and Microsoft Surface, among others.
- Assorted theme stickers with each pair that kids can stick on the ear piece.
- Durable, split resistant plastic construction.
- Four colors to choose from: purple, pink, blue and black.
Why We Like JBuddies
It is rare to receive a pair of headphones from an airline that fits a child’s head. I consider a pair of kid-safe headphones critical for flying with kids, because in this day and age, the only gear that really keeps kids occupied on a plane is digital.
La Jolla Girl loves the color (purple) and the assorted stickers. They enable her to hear the iPad and DVD player above the hum of the engines, which wasn’t always the case with other kid-safe headphones we purchased. She can also adjust the fit and volume on her own. They fit in her purse or backpack just fine and travel with us everywhere now.
Win A Pair Of JBuddies In The Color Of Your Choice
Traveling over Christmas? How about a pair of JBuddies for the kid in your life. Buy JBuddies on Amazon for just $24.95, on sale right now or enter to win a pair. Having JBuddies in two colors can’t hurt either.
Must be 18 years old and a US resident to enter. Giveaway ends at midnight PST on December 10.
*Thanks to JLab Audio for providing La Jolla Girl with a pair of purple JBuddies to test.