The Grand Del Mar’s Ginger Pomegranate Martini Recipe
The Grand Del Mar, a AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Five-Star property, is no doubt San Diego’s best luxury resort with its elegant rooms, full-service spa, renowned golf program, family-friendly offerings and award-winning restaurants. During the holidays the resort offers special menus and programs to put guests in a festive mood.
I had a chance to preview the new ginger pomegranate martini at The Grand Del Mar’s Lobby Lounge and it’s absolutely delicious. There’s a lot happening around the resort over the next few months–stay tuned for more information. In the meantime, this cocktail recipe is perfect for holiday entertaining.
Holiday Happenings At The Grand Del Mar
Thanksgiving Feasting on Thursday, November 28
- Addison will feature a Thanksgiving-inspired Seven-Course Menu from 3 to 8 p.m.; $185 per person, $295 with wine pairings, exclusive of tax and gratuity
- Amaya will be serving a Three-Course Fall Tasting Menu from 12:30 to 8 p.m.; $78 per adult, $115 with wine; $30 per child (ages 6-12), exclusive of tax and gratuity.
- Family Thanksgiving Day Fun from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Aria Lawn for Explorer’s Club outdoor games, sack races, face painting, contests and more. Complimentary for resort guests and Amaya diners.
Christmas Eve Dining on Tuesday, December 24
- At Addison, Chef William Bradley will create an extravagant celebratory Seven-Course Menu from 5:30 to 9 p.m. $205 per person, $325 with wine pairings, exclusive of tax and gratuity.
- Amaya celebrates with a Three-Course Holiday Tasting Menu served from 4 to 9 p.m.; $80 per adult, $120 with wine; $30 per child (ages 6-12), exclusive of tax and gratuity.
Christmas Day at Amaya on Wednesday, December 25
- Three-Course Brunch Menu served from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; $52 per adult, $25 per child, exclusive of tax and gratuity.
- Three-Course Holiday Tasting Menu from 4 to 9 p.m.; $80 per adult; $120 with wine; $30 per child (ages 6-12), exclusive of tax and gratuity.
New Year’s Eve Dining & Revelry on Tuesday, December 31
- Addison salutes the New Year with a magnificent Seven-Course Menu served from 5:30 to 10:30 p.m.; $265 per person, $400 with wine pairings, exclusive of tax and gratuity. Includes complimentary entrance to The Grand New Year’s Eve Party.
- Amaya’s special New Year’s Eve Dinner is a Four-Course Tasting Menu served from 5 to 10 p.m.; $170 per person, $245 with wine, exclusive of tax and gratuity. Includes complimentary entrance to The Grand New Year’s Eve Party.
- At Club M on New Year’s Eve, there will be entertainment including several guest DJs from 7 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Cover charge is $60 per person. Table reservations start at $180 for bottle service, exclusive of tax and gratuity. Valet parking is $10.
- Live Music in the Lobby Lounge from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. Revelers will rejoice with expertly crafted cocktails while listening to jazz pianist and vocalist Jon Sandoval. No cover.
- The Grand New Year’s Eve Party in the Elizabeth Ballroom will be held from 9 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Dance the night away at the party of the year featuring BETAMAXX – a high-energy 80s dance band. Cover charge: $60 per person, exclusive of tax and gratuity. Complimentary entrance for Addison and Amaya diners.
- New Year’s Eve at the Explorer’s Club will be from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. It’s for young celebrants, ages 5 to 12, to ring in the New Year at their very own party – an evening filled with games, music, movies and special surprises. $15 per hour, per child; $50 for 4 hours; $90 for 8 hours. Reservations required. Call (858) 314-1957.
New Year’s Day Brunch at Amaya on Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- A special a la carte New Year’s Day Brunch will be offered to guests from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Grand Del Mar
5300 Grand Del Mar Court
San Diego, CA 92130