In partnership with ALDI. Armed with ingredients from my ALDI Delivered and produce from a recent ALDI store visit, it was time to get to work. My goal was to make a few recipes from the ALDI Test Kitchen, where a team of chefs works tirelessly on recipe creation.
ALDI ensures products on the shelf meet or exceed quality expectations and keeps a close eye on eating trends to deliver what shoppers want most.
I can confirm these recipes suit every level of cook. Some can be whipped together in minutes. Others cater to those who love making every element of a meal from scratch. Now that I’ve tried several recipes, I can tell you I’m truly impressed by how they turned out. I have a fully-equipped kitchen full of gadgets. I love to cook but I’m also short on time. I’ll put in effort if I feel the result is worthy.
The Warm Superfood Salad is worthy of girlfriend get-togethers, barbecues, family dinners and even Thanksgiving dinner. You will love it and the dressing is amazing.
See also: Recipe: Gluten-Free Strawberry Cupcakes
Warm Superfood Salad Recipe
It is seriously so good.
Look at these fabulous ingredients. The photo is only really missing olive oil, almond butter and salt.
Start by baking SimplyNature® Organic Baby Kale with California Olive Ranch Olive Oil and salt until browned and crisp for about 20 minutes. I popped in SimplyNature® Flax Seeds during that time, too, for about 5 minutes.
Next, shred Brussels sprouts in a food processor. I find this therapeutic. It only takes a few minutes to do an entire bag.
Sauté the Brussels sprouts in California Olive Ranch Olive Oil with garlic and diced jalapeà±os. Stir in diced apples, grapes, the crispy kale and flax seeds.
The dressing is rather simple and would be fantastic on any number of salads. Soften SimplyNature® Creamy Almond Butter for 30 seconds in the microwave. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, water and ginger. Mix and slowly add in olive oil. Toss the finished dressing into the warm salad.
They say that the Happy Farms Preferred Honey Goat Cheese crumbled on top is optional. Don’t skip it. This makes the salad.
Serve the salad while warm. I had a little leftover the following day and it tasted just as good after a quick zap in the microwave. So good and good for you.
- 5 ounces SimplyNature Organic Baby Kale
- 5 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Olive Oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, plus additional to taste
- 1/3 cup Southern Grove Flax Seed
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 jalapeà±os, seeded and sliced
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- 1/4 cup SimplyNature Creamy Almond Butter
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-inch segment of fresh ginger, peeled and zested
- Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces Happy Farms Preferred Honey Goat Cheese Log, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place kale on a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned and crisp. Reserve.
- Place flax seed on baking sheet and bake for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Reserve.
- In a food processor using a slicing blade, slice Brussels sprouts.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts, garlic and jalapeà±os. Sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in apples, grapes, kale and flax seeds. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, melt almond butter in microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk in lemon zest, lemon juice, water and ginger. Slowly drizzle in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Toss salad and dressing together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with optional crumbled goat cheese.
- Read full recipe here
Recipe is courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen
Find More ALDI Recipes
Have a look at more ALDI recipes ranging from tasty veggie ice pops to holiday recipes. It’s time to pack school lunches and they have plenty of ideas for that, too.
Have you shopped at ALDI yet?
This post was sponsored by ALDI. As part of my partnership with the brand, I received my ALDI Delivered box as a fun way to sample and review products and recipes. This is not a new delivery service.