Put a twist on a classic grilled cheese sandwich by using naan instead of boring old bread. We used whole-grain Stonefire naan in tandoori flavor (it’s not spicy) and the whole family loved it. In addition to the naan providing a virtually crumb-free exterior, the richness of Havarti cheese inside really sent us over the edge. Why didn’t I think of that?
See also: Easy and Fun Kids’ Lunch Ideas with Naan
The kids will love this super simple recipe. Try it.
- 1 package tandoori naan (such as Stonefire Original)
- 4 slices or ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- Arrange cheese in between the naan with the bubble side out.
- Preheat frying pan large enough to hold the naan over medium heat.
- Add butter to pan. Once melted, add naan and flip immediately to coat both sides of naan with butter.
- When bottom is golden brown (approx. 5 - 7min.), flip naan and continue to brown for another 5 - 7 min. or so. Place a lid over pan for a minute or so if the cheese needs help melting.
- Transfer to cutting board, let sit for one minute, and then cut into 4 pieces.
Stonefire bakes their naan authentically at an extremely high heat in a tandoor oven. The heat produces the big bubbles on the outside of the naan and an airy texture. Ingredients used are all natural and free of preservatives, additives, artificial colors, trans fat and hydrogenated oils. Grab Stonefire naan at Sprouts Farmers Market.