Gifts For College Graduates as Seen on KUSI’s Good Morning San Diego
If there is a college graduate in your life, why not give them a gift that will help them get interview ready, last a lifetime or give them a skill they can brag about later? Here are some great ideas that I presented on KUSI’s Good Morning San Diego.
Table of Contents
Get Glam at 20 Lounge
20 Lounge, located in Cardiff, is the ultimate in relaxation incorporating a nail bar, bubbly bar and retail boutique with the latest fashion finds all in one. I had a shellac manicure there yesterday and love, love, love it!
- Mani/Pedi Party: brow shaping – $20, shellac mani – $35 and 20 Pedi – $30 or $85 total.
- Manly Choices: range from Face waxing, manscaping to nails! – $20 – $30
After a trip to this oasis of beauty, every grad will be perfectly polished and put together. Glitter and neon colors are “in” for the ladies. I even learned how to maintain my shellac so it lasts longer (stay tuned).
Suit and Style
Get your grad interview ready with a new look and some new suits. First impressions count!
Ron Stuart Men’s Clothing
Ron Stuart was established in downtown San Diego in 1981 by Ron Ford and has long been one of San Diego’s premier men’s clothing stores. Ron Stuart serves the professional businessman providing high-quality classic and contemporary menswear at a competitive price. They have brand names such as Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein.
Suit Starter Package: 2 suits and 2 ties for $599 (includes tailoring)
Pull the look together with a clean, hip haircut from theFactory in East Village. They are a creative hair production space that inspires knowledge and creativity in the hair industry through an unrivaled level of service and education. The skilled team of hair professionals offers a full range of services, a full line of N. 4 hair products and comprehensive education program.
- Style Overhaul: Consultation, color, haircut, blow/dry, style knowledge – $200
- Interview Ready: Consultation, shampoo, blow/dry, style, package of 3 – $120
- Fresh Start: Consultation, haircut, condition treatment, blow/dry, style – $75
Leo Hamel Fine Jewelers
All pieces shown on the table were at very reasonable price points for fine jewelry and gifts that are meant to last a lifetime. As the largest full-service fine jewelry store in San Diego County, Leo Hamel features a team of graduate gemologists that can answer any jewelry related question or issue you may have from buying to selling and designing. Pieces highlighted include:
- Tissot Couturier watch – $325
- Pandora bracelets – charms start at $25
- William Henry Studio Geneva Collection limited edition money clip with ladder damascus body, mammoth tooth scale inlay, and 0.05 carat diamond – $475
A watch will certainly help the grad get to work on time and there’s no better way to show off their new income than with a fancy money clip.
Surfari Surf School
I’m sure your grad was too busy studying to learn how to surf, right? After 4 years in San Diego, it’s time to learn properly. Surfari Surf School, located at Mission Beach, is the perfect place. They’ll take you out in a part of the beach that’s less crowded and has a sandy bottom, which is perfect for a newbie surfer. Their students typically stand up on their boards after one, two or three tries. They teach safe surfing techniques to all ages.
- One hour and a half surf lesson + one hour of practice on your own – $85 (includes one-on-one instruction, wwetsuit and board)
- Lesson for a group of two – $65 for each person
These gifts are a great way to support local San Diego businesses too. Enjoy!