One of the easiest ways to save money on Los Angeles attractions is by buying the Go Los Angeles Card. It’s usually advertised as a way for tourists to save money when visiting LA, but it’s also an excellent way for residents to sightsee for less, whether they’re spending time with friends and family from out of town or just exploring the city.
In this post, I’ll share some answers to questions I frequently get about this fantastic discount card, explain how to use the Go Los Angeles Card and list all of the LA Go Card attractions.
FAQs About the Go Los Angeles Card
Before I dig deeper into what’s so great about the Go Los Angeles Card, I am sharing answers to some questions I’ve received from readers (who, like many others, often call this pass the LA Go Card).
Is the LA Go Card Worth It?
For anyone who is visiting the city and will visit at least two major attractions, the answer is a big yes. While Disneyland® is not an LA Go Card Attraction, nearly every other Southern California theme park and attraction you’ll visit will be.
You’ll save money seeing everything you want to see and doing everything you want to do in LA just by using the card. And if you can get your LA Go Card at a discount, you’ll save even more.
What Is the LA Go Card?
The Go Los Angeles Card (LA Go Card) is a single-card, multi-attraction pass that can make visiting the city’s top attractions, tours, and museums less expensive. Whether you’re visiting for a day or a week, or you want the flexibility to drop into attractions when you feel like it, it’s a great deal.
There are two different types of Go City Card that you can buy for exploring Los Angeles: the All-Inclusive pass that’s perfect for tourists and the Build Your Own pass for people who only want to see specific attractions. The latter is also a great way for city residents to see the sights for less.
How Do I Use My Go Los Angeles Card?
All you need to do is make a list of what you want to see and do in Los Angeles and then choose the right type of Go Los Angeles Card for you. Download the Go City Card app and use the pass on your phone. Or print the pass and use it as a paper ticket.
The All-Inclusive pass provides entry to any of the eligible LA Go Card attractions. The Build Your Own pass will let attractions added by you to the pass within 30 days after you activate the card at the first attraction.
What Are the Benefits of Purchasing an LA Go Card?
The biggest reason to get an LA Go Card is, so you don’t have to pay full price at top Los Angeles attractions, but that’s not the only benefit.
Wait in long lines? Not with a Go Los Angeles Card (at most attractions). Once you have your card, you can also tap into dining, shopping, and entertainment discounts around the city.
My Top 9 Reasons to Buy a Go Los Angeles Card
1. Save Up to 50% on Los Angeles Attractions
The main reason to buy a Go Los Angeles Card is for the discounted admission. Keep in mind that how much you actually save will be based on how much you decide to see and do in LA.
Based on my research, the typical savings range from 20-50%, depending on the type of card chosen. If you’re on the fence about buying one of these cards before your trip to LA, keep in mind that it is difficult to achieve this level of discount without this card — especially for those who are avid sightseers or have planned a long Los Angeles vacation.
2. The Go Los Angeles Card Saves Time
With the Go Los Angeles Card, you won’t have to wait in those long ticketing line each time you visit an attraction.
Once you purchase the Go Los Angeles Card, the app or your pre-printed ticket will be all you need to get you through the gate at most LA Go Card attractions.
Skipping the ticket line queue will save significant time at busy attractions, such as Universal Studios Hollywood®, and during peak travel season.
3. There are Two Go Los Angeles Card Pass Options
Los Angeles All-Inclusive Pass
This LA Go Card option allows users to visit all the 35 available LA Go Card attractions for one low price. All-Inclusive pass holders can make last-minute decisions about which attractions to visit and when which means you can be super flexible about how you experience everything the city has to offer.
The All-Inclusive pass is available in 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7-day increments, but needs to be used on consecutive calendar days over a two-week period. Universal Studios Hollywood admission is included in all 3, 5, and 7-day passes.
Tip: If you choose a 1 or 2-day LA Go Card, I’ve written about how you can get Universal Studios Hollywood discount tickets. Don’t pay full price!
Build Your Own Attractions Pass — Good For Residents
The Build Your Own pass is an excellent option for travelers who know exactly where they’re going and when. Your custom LA Go City pass can include as few as two of the available LA Go Card attractions and is good for 30 days after the first activation.
City residents who want to see more sights can use a Build Your Own pass to visit more items on their bucket list for less money.
Note: The Build Your Own Pass can include a few San Diego attractions, such as LEGOLAND® California and the San Diego Zoo®.
4. It’s an Easy Gift
Do you have family and/or friends coming to Los Angeles over the holidays or for a special event? Skip mall shopping and buy each of your visitors an LA Go Card instead so they can see all the sights.
Grab one for yourself, too, so you can enjoy Los Angeles from a tourist’s point of view. Passes can be delivered to each recipient via email.
With this option, you don’t even have to worry about wrapping paper. And if you still have holiday shopping to do, keep in mind that 15 other cities offer Go City Cards, too.
5. You Get Instant Digital Delivery
If your visit to Los Angeles is coming up soon, you haven’t missed out on your chance to get the discounts the LA Go Card will get you.
When you buy the Go Los Angeles Card online, you can immediately print a pass to use. No waiting for the mailman required!
Even better, you can store your pass on the Go City Card app for Android and Apple. Having the app on your phone means never having to worry about losing your Go City Card. To me, it’s definitely worth the download.
6. Print and Go or Use the App to Skip Lines
Do you prefer printed tickets? Or maybe you’re all about saving the trees. You can be you when you use the LA Go Card.
When you use the Go City Card app, you can go directly through the turnstiles at most LA Go Card attractions. The same is often true if you print your pass at home before visiting each attraction. It’s up to you.
7. The Go City Card App Gives Directions, Hours, and More
After the app registers your purchase of a Go Los Angeles Card, you’ll have immediate access to directions, hours, tips for visiting and much more handy information all in one spot.
It’s also a great resource when you want to use some of the discounts you can get in shops and restaurants with the LA Go City Card.
8. There’s a Risk-Free Guarantee
If you buy a Go Los Angeles Card and wind up not using it, you have 30 days from your purchase date to return any non-activated or unused passes for a full refund.
If anything interferes with your plans, you won’t have to worry about losing your money.
9. There’s a Lot of Go Los Angeles Card Attractions
These attractions included in the All Inclusive 3, 5 and 7 day passes are:
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- Warner Bros.® Studio Tour Hollywood
- Madame Tussauds® Hollywood
- Pacific Park — Santa Monica Pier®
- Knott’s Berry Farm®
- Six Flags Magic Mountain®
- Aquarium of the Pacific®
- Hollywood Movie Star Homes Tour
- OUE Skyspace® LA
- TCL Chinese Theatres Guided Tour
- Hollywood Museum®
- Dolby Theatre® Guided Tour
- Hollywood Behind-the-Scenes Tour By Red Line Tours®
- Hop-On Hop-Off Los Angeles Bus Tour — Yellow Route
- Whale Watching & Dolphin Cruises — Newport Landing
- Knott’s Soak City USA® Water Park
- Queen Mary®
- Harbor Cruise or Whale Watch In Long Beach
- Sony Pictures® Studio Tour
- Malibu Celebrity Homes Tour
- Perry’s Beach Café and Rentals — Mountain Bike or Roller-Skates (All Day)
- California Science Center® IMAX®
- La Brea Tar Pits and Museum
- Natural History Museum
- GRAMMY® Museum
- Hollywood Hills Hike by Bikes & Hikes LA
- Self-Guided Movie Star Homes Bike Tour by Bikes & Hikes LA
- Battleship Iowa® Museum
- The Huntington® Library
- LA Zoo® and Botanical Gardens
- Santa Monica Pier Aquarium
- Cabrillo Marine Aquarium
The Build-Your-Own pass has many, but not all, of the above options, and also includes:
- Guinness World Records® Museum
- Hurricane Harbor®
- Starline Movie Location Tour
- Harbor Cruise in San Pedro or Long Beach
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park®
- iFly® Indoor Skydiving located next to Universal Studios Hollywood
- Sunset Cruise by Newport Landing
- K1 Speed Indoor Karting
- SeaWorld® San Diego
These San Diego attractions are included in either the All-Inclusive or the Build-Your-Own options:
And you can add a handful of Las Vegas attractions including:
- High Roller Observation Wheel; at LINQ®
- Vegas! The Show®
- V – The Ultimate Variety Show®
What You Should Know Before Buying an LA Go Card
- Most Los Angeles attractions won’t charge any admission for children under the age of 3. Children ages 3-12 enjoy a reduced Go Los Angeles Card price.
- In most cases, you can visit each attraction once per day, but some are limited to once per pass. The guidebook you receive when you buy your Go City Los Angeles card will explain the limitations of the pass.
- The card is not valid on a 24-hour basis. That means that if you visit an attraction at noon on Monday, the remainder of your first day lasts until attractions close on Monday. Tuesday counts as day two. Start early!
- The most popular card is the 5-day LA Go City card. Most people will visit a few attractions per day using the card, which means you can see a lot of Los Angeles in one trip.
Do You Have Questions About the Go Los Angeles Card?
Feel free to ask them here in the comments. I’d be happy to find the answers for you.
And if you’ve used the card, please share your experiences and any advice you may have about getting the most out of an All-Inclusive LA Go Card or a Build Your Own pass. You’ll be helping your fellow travelers do more and see more with your tips.Buy the Go Los Angeles Card