10 Go Los Angeles Card Benefits for Sightseeing
Save money and gain convenience with this popular discounted attractions pass
One of the most popular discount programs designed to save money on Los Angeles attractions is the Go Los Angeles Card.
The Go Los Angeles Card is certainly valuable for tourists visiting Los Angeles, but it also can benefit LA residents who would like to sightsee with visiting friends and family or simply explore the city a bit more.
We’ll go over the card options (all-inclusive, and build your own), how to use it, and benefits to the card that extend beyond the savings.
Table of Contents
- 1. Save Up to 50% on Los Angeles Attractions
- 2. Go Los Angeles Card Saves Time
- 3. Two Go Los Angeles Card Pass Options
- 4. It’s an Easy Gift
- 5. Instant Digital Delivery
- 6. Print and Go or Use the App
- 7. App Gives Directions, Hours and More
- 8. Risk-Free Guarantee
- 9. California Pass
- 10. A Long List of Go Los Angeles Card Attractions
- Good To Know
- Questions About the Go Los Angeles Card?
1. Save Up to 50% on Los Angeles Attractions
The main reason to buy a Go Los Angeles Card is for discounted admission. And, based on my research, typical savings range from 20 – 50%, depending on the type of card chosen. It is difficult to achieve this level of discount without this card, especially for those who are avid sightseers or have long Los Angeles vacations planned.
2. Go Los Angeles Card Saves Time
With the Go Los Angeles Card, you do not have to wait in a ticketing line each time you visit an attraction. Once you purchase the Go Los Angeles Card, the app or printed ticket serves as your entry. Skipping the ticket line queue can save significant time at busy attractions, such as Universal Studios Hollywood.
3. Two Go Los Angeles Card Pass Options
Los Angeles All-Inclusive Pass
This pass option allows users to visit all of the 35 available Los Angeles attractions at a reduced cost. This enables all-inclusive pass holders to make last-minute decisions about which attractions to visit.
The All-Inclusive Pass is available in 1, 2, 3, 5 and 7 day increments, but needs to be used on consecutive calendar days over a 2 week period. Universal Studios Hollywood admission is included in all passes of 3 days or longer. (If you choose a 1 or 2 day Go Los Angeles Card, I’ve written about Universal Studios Hollywood discount tickets should you need to purchase them a la carte.)
Build Your Own Attractions Pass – Good For Residents
The Build Your Own Pass is another great option for people who know exactly where they’re going. It can include as few as two of the 42 available Los Angeles attractions and is good for 30 days after the first activation.
It’s also valid for 30 days after the first attraction is visited which makes it an option for residents who have attractions on their to-do lists.
The Build Your Own Pass can include a few San Diego attractions, such as LEGOLAND California and the San Diego Zoo.
4. It’s an Easy Gift
Have family and/or friends coming to Los Angeles over the holidays? Skip the mall and opt for a Go Los Angeles Card. Passes can be delivered to the recipient via email.
There are 15 other cities that offer Go City Cards, too.
5. Instant Digital Delivery
Buy the Go Los Angeles Card online and immediately print a pass to use. Or, you can store your pass on the new Go City Card app for Android and Apple. Having the app negates the worry of losing your paper Go Los Angeles Card so I’d highly recommend downloading it.
6. Print and Go or Use the App
The Go City Card app enables you to go directly to turnstiles with your Go Los Angeles Card or print a voucher at home to show at each attraction.
7. App Gives Directions, Hours and More
After the app registers your purchase of a Go Los Angeles Card, users will have access to directions, hours, tips for visiting and much more handy information all in one spot.
8. Risk-Free Guarantee
If you buy a Go Los Angeles Card and wind up not using it, you have 30 days from your purchase date to return any non-activated or unused passes for a full refund.
9. California Pass
If Los Angeles isn’t your only West Coast stop, the California Pass might be a big money saver. It works similarly to the Build Your Own Pass and allows users to add major California attractions up and down the coast. This is a fantastic idea for those embarking on road trips.
10. A Long List of Go Los Angeles Card Attractions
Attractions included in the All Inclusive 3, 5 and 7 day passes are:
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood
- Madame Tussauds Hollywood
- Pacific Park – Santa Monica Pier
- Knott’s Berry Farm
- Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Aquarium of the Pacific
- Hollywood Movie Star Homes Tour
- OUE Skyspace LA
- TCL Chinese Theatres Guided Tour
- Hollywood Museum
- Dolby Theatre Guided Tour
- Hollywood Behind-the-Scenes Tour By Red Line Tour
- Hop-On Hop-Off Los Angeles Bus Tour – Yellow Route
- Whale Watching & Dolphin Cruises – Newport Landing
- Knott’s Soak City Water Park
- Queen Mary
- Harbor Cruise or Whale Watch In Long Beach
- Sony Pictures Studio Tour
- Malibu Celebrity Homes Tour
- Perry’s Beach Café and Rentals – Mountain Bike or Roller-Skates (All Day)
- California Science Center IMAX
- La Brea Tar Pits and Museum
- Natural History Museum
- GRAMMY Museum
- Hollywood Hills Hike by Bikes & Hikes LA
- Self-Guided Movie Star Homes Bike Tour by Bikes & Hikes LA
- Battleship Iowa Museum
- The Huntington Library
- LA Zoo and Botanical Gardens
- Santa Monica Pier Aquarium
- Cabrillo Marine Aquarium
The Build-Your-Own Pass has many, but not all, of the above options, and also includes:
- Guinness World records Museum
- Hurricane Harbor
- Starline Movie Location Tour
- Harbor Cruise in San Pedro or Long Beach
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- iFly Indoor Skydiving located next to Universal Studios Hollywood
- Sunset Cruise by Newport Landing
- K1 Speed Indoor Karting
- SeaWorld San Diego
There are also San Diego attractions included in either the All-Inclusive or the Build-Your-Own options, including:
- LEGOLAND California
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- SeaWorld San Diego
And, add a handful of Las Vegas attractions including
- High Roller Observation Wheel; at LINQ
- Vegas! The Show
- V – The Ultimate Variety Show
Good To Know
Most Los Angeles attractions do not charge admission for children under the age of 3. Children ages 3–12 enjoy a reduced Go Los Angeles Card price.
In most cases, you can visit each attraction once per day, however, some are limited to once per pass. You will receive a guidebook that outlines these details.
The card is not valid on a 24-hour basis. Meaning, if you visit an attraction at noon on Monday, the remainder of day 1 lasts until attractions close on Monday. Tuesday counts as day two.
The most popular card is the 5-day card. Most users visit 2-3 attractions per day.
Questions About the Go Los Angeles Card?
Ask them here as I can find out the answers for you. And, if you’ve used the card, please share your experience.