Last Minute Halloween Ideas Courtesy of Mars Candy And Safe Trick-Or-Treating Tips
This post brought to you by Mars candy. All opinions are 100% mine.
Can you believe that Halloween is here? Time flies. If there’s a party you’re headed to or if you’re looking for a last-ditch Halloween idea, have a look at these easy ghosts using Mars Halloween candy.
Mars has two Halloween candy ghost ideas that are more sophisticated (one even uses an old knit glove), but these simple ones will do when really short on time.
Easy Halloween Ghosts
- Bag of Minis Mix or any Mars Mini Candy
- Box of tissues (you’ll need 2 tissues per ghost)
- Paper for tags
- Hole punch
- Black pen for eyes/mouth
- (Optional) Cut out a tag, should you wish to label the ghosts. We used pinking shears for a quik decorative look.
- Place three mini candies in the center of two tissues.
- Form a ball around the candy and tie just under the ball to create the ghost. Secure the tag while tying.
- Using a black pen, make a face on the ghost
Safe Trick-Or-Treating Tips
- Manage expectations by designating a route and approximately what time or after how many houses you’re calling it quits.
- Make everyone has something on them that glows. Glow bracelets and reflective tape are both inexpensive and alert nearby drivers. Or, carry a small flashlight.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats, like Mars. Avoid homemade treats from strangers.
- Carry flexible props so that no one gets hurt if they fall on it or hurts someone else.
- Be weather appropriate. Carry some water with you in case someone gets hot or thirsty.
- Make sure the costumes don’t drag or have pieces that can get stepped on.
- Wear well-fitting shoes. Trick-or-treating is a lot of walking and blistered up feet won’t go over well at school the next day. Or, loose shoes can cause falls.
- Inspect the candy when you get home to make sure it’s all securely wrapped. Toss out anything with damaged wrappers.
Unfortunately, we don’t get trick-or-treaters because most of the action happens downhill from us in Bird Rock. To get in the spirit and because I love candy, we have little bowls of Snickers, M&Ms and other favorites scattered around the house. Just in case we get the random trick-or-treater, we’ll be prepared! Tomorrow, we’ll dress up and though my costume is TBD, I know there will at least be one Princess Merida in our group.
By the way, should you need to stock up on candy, download the $1 off coupon for Mars candy at Walmart. Have a safe Halloween!