It seems like the beauty industry is constantly cranking out new must-try facials. Trying to figure out which is best for you is tough, especially since the sun is shines year-round in San Diego, which rules out laser facials for those who tan or spend time outdoors. What other deep-penetrating facials are out there that yield immediate results with no downtime? The answer is a HydraFacial.
Adrienne Maloof hosted a spa party in a recent episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. She loves HydraFacials so much that she actually bought her own machine and let the other housewives test it out. How nice. Her husband, Dr. Paul Nassif, is a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon. He went on Good Day L.A. to talk about the HydraFacial and demonstrate the benefits.
I’ve had HydraFacials in the past and do think they are incredibly effective. As you can see above, it’s almost as if all the gunk is being vacuumed out of your face. It doesn’t hurt and is oddly relaxing.
Because you probably don’t have your own HydraFacial machine, you might be wondering where in San Diego you can have this amazing treatment. Skin Care by Gabrielle, right here in La Jolla, offers the HydraFacial treatment. She also can add on an LED light treatment which reduces redness and hyperpigmentation. I’d add that on, if I were you.
Gabrielles HydraFacial is a 5-step process using 5 serums, each with a different purpose. The process includes:
- Cleansing and exfoliation: Dead skin cells are removed to reveal new, healthy skin.
- Acid peel: A glycolic/salicylic mix applied to the t-zone softens whatever is stuck in pores and helps dislodge impurities.
- Extractions: Painless extractions using vortex suction (see video above) to clean out pores.
- Hydration: Antioxidants and Hyaluronic Acid are Vortex-Infused to nourish and protect. Derma builder with peptide complex is a specialized serum applied to fine lines, where people would normally want to get botox or filler.
- Protection: Moisturizer and sunblock are both applied.
After my last HydraFacial, I peeled a little, but that’s normal for my sensitive skin. You can have the treatment and resume normal activities right away, but you’ll need to watch your sun exposure for a few days. My pores were noticeably smaller, my skin tone was much more even, and I looked less tired. I highly recommend HydraFacials, especially at a price like this. Gabrielle also receives 5 stars on Yelp. People love her.
Photo credit: istockphoto/achiartistul