Kids Recipe: No-Bake Pumpkin Pie In Ice Cream Cones
I blame my dessert coma on this simple no bake pumpkin pie kids recipe. If you like pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top, you’ll love this. We tried presenting it in several ways: ramekins, ice cream cones and ultimately in a ready-made graham cracker pie crust. The pie isn’t pictured and I was told not to tamper with her “staging” before photographing, so they are as she intended. It is a kids recipe, after all!
- 2/3 cup milk (can use nonfat)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whipped cream (thawed, if using frozen and sweetened, if using fresh)
- 1 (9 inch) ready-made graham cracker pie crust, ice cream cones or four ramekins with crushed graham crackers in them.
- In a large bowl, mix the milk and pumpkin until smooth.
- Add the pudding mix, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Pour into pie shell, ice cream cones or ramekins
- If making pie, refrigerate until serving.
- If using ice cream cones, serve immediately (filling can be made in advance). Otherwise the cones will get soft.
- If using ramekins, put coarse graham cracker crumbs in bottom prior to adding the filling. They will soften if done too far in advance, but it still tastes great.
- Top any or all choices with fresh whipped cream, if you like.
After being refrigerated, the pie will slice nicely though it doesn’t set up as “hard” as a cooked pumpkin pie. Serve it as just a mousse with whipped cream on top, if you like. We used fresh whipped cream made possible by this gadget (though I admit it felt this time like it took forever).
A little goes a long way and your kids will love that they can pretty much make it from start to finish (other than you opening the can of pumpkin and monitoring mess, of course).