Four words: these are very easy. Just hand over the ingredients for spider Oreos to your kids and let them have at it.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These involve one ingredient that I’ve started keeping on hand at all times, Wilton Candy Eyeballs, because they can jazz up a lot of food items.
However, use raisins or another dried fruit if you don’t have them. The same advice goes for my fun spider crackers recipe.
Oreo spiders would make a cute dessert at a Halloween party, playdate or wherever you need something fast and cute.
- Double Stuf Oreos (we used Golden color)
- pretzel sticks
- Wilton candy eyeballs or dried fruit
- bonding substance such as a nut butter (peanut, almond, etc), frosting or cream cheese
- Place 4 pretzels on each side of the Oreo, inside the filling. Hold the Oreo in place with your fingers in order to avoid the cookie splitting as your placing the pretzels.
- If the Oreo does split, sometimes the nut butter (or similar) will hold it together. Ever taste peanut butter inside a Golden Double Stuf Oreo? It's good.
- Put a dab of nut butter on the back of the eyeball and place on top of the Oreo.
- Tip: for shorter spider legs, break the pretzels in half.
That’s it. Easy, right?