Four words: these are very easy. Just hand over the ingredients to your kids and let them have at it. These involve one ingredient that I’ve started keeping on hand at all times, Wilton Candy Eyeballs, because they can jazz up a lot of food items. However, use raisins or another dried fruit if you don’t have them, similar to my spider crackers recipe. Oreo spiders would make a cute dessert at a Halloween party, playdate or wherever you need something fast and cute.
- Double Stuf Oreos (we used Golden color)
- pretzel sticks
- Wilton candy eyeballs or dried fruit
- bonding substance such as a nut butter (peanut, almond, etc), frosting or cream cheese
- Place 4 pretzels on each side of the Oreo, inside the filling. Hold the Oreo in place with your fingers in order to avoid the cookie splitting as your placing the pretzels.
- If the Oreo does split, sometimes the nut butter (or similar) will hold it together. Ever taste peanut butter inside a Golden Double Stuf Oreo? It's good.
- Put a dab of nut butter on the back of the eyeball and place on top of the Oreo.
- Tip: for shorter spider legs, break the pretzels in half.
That’s it. Easy, right? Don’t forget to check out spider crackers!