Four words: these are very easy. Just hand over the ingredients for spider Oreos to your kids and let them have at it.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These involve one ingredient that I’ve started keeping on hand at all times, Wilton Candy Eyeballs, because they can jazz up a lot of food items.
However, use raisins or another dried fruit if you don’t have them. The same advice goes for my fun spider crackers recipe.
Oreo spiders would make a cute dessert at a Halloween party, playdate or wherever you need something fast and cute.
Kids Recipes: Spider Oreos For Halloween Dessert Or Any Day
- Double Stuf Oreos (we used Golden color)
- pretzel sticks
- Wilton candy eyeballs or dried fruit
- bonding substance such as a nut butter (peanut, almond, etc), frosting or cream cheese
- Place 4 pretzels on each side of the Oreo, inside the filling. Hold the Oreo in place with your fingers in order to avoid the cookie splitting as your placing the pretzels.
- If the Oreo does split, sometimes the nut butter (or similar) will hold it together. Ever taste peanut butter inside a Golden Double Stuf Oreo? It's good.
- Put a dab of nut butter on the back of the eyeball and place on top of the Oreo.
- Tip: for shorter spider legs, break the pretzels in half.
That’s it. Easy, right?
Katie Dillon is the managing editor of La Jolla Mom. She helps readers plan San Diego vacations through her hotel expertise (that stems from living in a Four Seasons hotel) and local connections. Readers have access to exclusive discounts on theme park tickets (like Disneyland and San Diego Zoo) and perks at luxury hotels worldwide through her. She also shares insider tips for visiting major cities worldwide, like Hong Kong, London, Paris, and Shanghai, that her family has either lived in or visits regularly (or both).
Explore More Kid-Friendly Fun
135 Funny Knock-Knock Jokes for Kids That Adults Love, Too (Free Printable)
How to Choose the Best Bento Lunch Box for Kids
20 Fun Car Games for Kids on Road Trips that Are Free or Cheap
30 Best Travel Games for Kids to Play in Airplanes, Cars, and Hotels