Reuben H. Fleet Science Center’s Kid City reopened this week after a major renovation. La Jolla Girl loved the old Kid City, so we can’t wait to see in person what they’ve done. The photos look amazing. I have a family four pack to giveaway which includes admission to Kid City and the other Reuben H. Fleet exhibits. Here are some details regarding the new Kid City:
- From pinwheels and cranes at the “Power Plant” to air chutes at the “Ball Wall,” kids will be delighted by the multiple moving objects and bright colors they encounter throughout the exhibition.
- At the “Market” they can shop for healthy fruits and vegetables, and learn about the importance of healthy food choices with a hands-on nutrition interactive.
- Adventurous youngsters will enjoy taking a ride on the new “Fire Truck” and grocery delivery vehicle.
- The new “Little Learners Lab” features a magnifying camera on a microscope for up-close exploration.
- The “Infant Area” offers a safe space for infants still in the crawling stage to explore with their parent.
The Fleet is open every day at 10am but closing times may vary. See their website for details. Also, visit the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center Facebook page.
Giveaway: To enter to win the family four pack of tickets (a $40 value), please leave a comment telling me what your child likes best about the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center. If they’ve never been, that’s ok, just say why you think they’ll love it (because they will).
After the initial entry, you qualify for these bonus entries. Be sure to leave a separate comment for each bonus entry:
1. Follow me on Twitter: @lajollamom
2. Follow Reuben H. Fleet on Twitter: @fleetscience
3. Subscribe to La Jolla Mom via RSS or Google Friend Connect
4. Tweet about this giveaway. You can use the green Tweet Meme button at the bottom of the post or cut and paste this – To celebrate the opening of the new Kid City @lajollamom is giving away a family four pack to @fleetscience http://bit.ly/95k24R
Don’t forget to leave a separate comment for each bonus entry. Comments will be closed at 8pm PST on Monday, November 8. The winner is chosen by Random.org so the more entries you have, the higher your chances of winning are. Good luck!
Vote for the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center on MojoPages too!