One of our favorite museums in Balboa Park is the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center, because learning about science while playing is a bonus and I find going there to be a relatively stress-free experience. Here’s a chance for you to win some tickets and visit for free.
What We Love About Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
- Leaning while playing, mentioned above.
- Kid City: A hands-on exhibit upstairs for kids ages 5 and under that also has an area especially for non-walkers.
- IMAX: Check out a kid-friendly IMAX movie in the awesome IMAX dome theater.
- The cool hands-on exhibits downstairs. Creating cloud puffs, sound waves, and other exhibits that interesting to both kids and adults.
- Don’t forget to duck into the gift shop. Lots of inexpensive fun finds. I mentioned some of them on NBC San Diego as potential gift ideas.
- Parking is easy if you get there when it opens.
ScholarShare, California’s 529 college savings plan, is a proud sponsor of the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center. ScholarShare is California’s 529 College Savings Program. The recently revamped program features a minimum initial contribution of only $25 per portfolio to open an account and fees that have been reduced by approximately 30 percent, making ScholarShare one of the lowest priced 529 plans in the country. To sign up for an account or for more information about the plan, visit www.ScholarShare.com.
Reuben H. Fleet Science Center Giveaway
ScholarShare is giving one lucky La Jolla Mom reader a family pack of tickets to the Reuben H. Fleet Science center!
The package includes:
- (5) tickets
- Each ticket admits 1 child or adult
- Pass provides complimentary admission for one to an IMAX film & all exhibit galleries
- Tickets valid until 5/31/2013
Normal price of admission is between $12-$16 so a family of 5 would save around $80!
To enter: Leave a comment telling me what your kids (or you) enjoy about The Fleet or why you’d like to visit, if you haven’t been yet.
Bonus entries (leave a separate comment for each bonus entry):
1. Follow @fleetscience on Twitter
2. Follow @lajollamom on Twitter
3. Tweet this post as much as you like (up to once per day).
The winner will be chosen by Random.org on May 4th, 8:00 pm PST, so the more entries you have, the better your chances of winning are.
On your visit to Reuben H. Fleet Science Center,