This post brought to you by Dove Chocolate. All opinions are 100% mine.
I have a weakness for candy that’s only amplified by the ability to bake it into gooey, delicious cookies. My baking challenge: Limited Edition Dove Cinnamon Graham Chocolates. There was something about their flavor that screamed s’mores. You could just use them to make a gourmet version of the regular s’more, but s’more cookie bars are easier when you’re away from a campfire.
My 5-year-old thought that unwrapping these chocolates was the best task ever. They are softer chocolate with just a little bit of cookie crunch inside. Yum.
How to Make S’mores Cookie Bars
They’re made even better by surrounding them with this. This dough is divine. Yes, I ate far too much of it.
Mid way through baking, plop the Dove chocolates on top.
When cooled completely cut into squares. I pulled ours out a bit early, because we love gooey.
- 11 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- One bag of Limited Edition Dove Cinnamon Graham Chocolates
- 2-3 packages graham crackers, broken into squares (we used cinnamon graham crackers)
- Unwrap the Dove chocolates. My 5-year-old thought this was the best task ever.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter with white and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixer and combine on low speed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight. We went with about 90 minutes, which was just fine.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a half sheet pan (18" x 13") with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Add one layer of graham crackers. You can lay them in strips, as is. If you need to double up around the edges to cover up the entire surface, go for it.
- We used a 2-inch ice cream scoop to drop batter on to each graham cracker square.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and push Dove chocolates into the dough on each square. Don't just set them on top, nestle them in a bit.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes.
- Let cool completely because they will be easier to cut into perfect squares. However, they are to die for warm.
Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"
Chicago Metallic Professional Slice Solutions Brownie Pan, 9-Inch-by-13-Inch
OXO Good Grips Plastic Brownie Spatula for Non-stick Pans, Black
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.