Super Bowl Party Idea: Football Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
This football Rice Krispie treats recipe is really easy if you need to make a family-friendly dessert for a Super Bowl party. I was rushed to get these done so they aren’t as nice as I would have liked them to be and I’ve never used Cocoa Krispies before. They make a delicious Rice Krispie treat! Since you’ll want to shape these quickly before the mixture cools (and hardens), use half the normal Rice Krispie Treat recipe unless you have helpers. The recipe below is for half of the normal recipePrint
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 10 large marshmallows or 2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 3 cups of Cocoa Krispies
- bowl of water
- white frosting
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in marshmallows and mix until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Gently stir in Cocoa Krispies.
- Wet hands with bowl of water (prevents sticking) and pick up a small handful of the mixture. Be careful of the heat. Shape into a football. Be quick as you’ll want to finish all the footballs before the mixture totally cools and hardens.
- When footballs are completely cool, pipe white lines.
- Store in an airtight container.
For best results, make sure to use fresh marshmallows. You could use store-bought frosting tubes, but just make sure the hole is pretty small and avoid the gel icings that don’t dry. We used a Wilton number 3 tip, which is about 1mm in diameter, and buttercream frosting.
From beginning to end (I keep white frosting in the freezer at all times so had it on hand already), roughly a dozen football Rice Krispie treats took about 30 minutes. I’m not sure that using a cookie cutter would save much time, plus you’d have a lot of waste.
Also see Rice Krispie Treat Animals for future inspiration.