Kids Recipe: Crazy Easy Thanksgiving Turkey Cookie Dessert
Seriously, I don’t even need to tell you how to make these Thanksgiving turkey cookies because it’s self-explanatory by looking at the photo, isn’t it?
They aren’t fancy at all and are a great way to use up all that leftover candy corn. Or, maybe you have kids coming over and need a fast dessert.
Basically, get a pack of Golden Double Stuf Oreos (we used this a while back to make Halloween spider cookies) and stuff about six candy corn into the creme. We stuck currants on the cookie with cream cheese, but M&Ms or chocolate chips work. Cut a triangle in a red candy like Fruit by the Foot (there are many healthier versions) and wrap it on a candy corn. Stick that on the cookie.
Voila. Not hard. My 6-year-old thinks it’s cool so maybe yours will, too. And, kids can totally make these on their own.
- Golden Double Stuf Oreos
- Round candy or dried fruit for eyes
- Candy corn
- Red fruit strips
- Stick six or so candy corn into the Oreo cream for the tail.
- Apply eyes with cream cheese or similar sticky substance.
- Cut fruit strip into a long triangle and wrap it around one piece of candy corn.
- Stick the candy corn nose on the Oreo.
Done! For more Thanksgiving recipes check out: