Traveling With Kids: JLab Audio JBuddies Headphones
One of our most prized travel companions is a pair of kid-safe headphones. On road trips, they prevent the iPad and car stereo from dueling over volume settings. On planes, they enable her to watch movies without bothering other passengers.
Our well-used pair of kid-safe headphones finally needed to be replaced so we decided to give JLab Audio’s JBuddies a try. My daughter tested them out during our last trip to Mexico City and was quite pleased. JLab Audio is an Oceanside-based company, too!
Why JBuddies Are Great For Kids
JBuddies are designed for kids ages 2 and up. Features include:
- A built-in volume limiter, which ensures a safe listening experience, limiting the volume to less than 90dB.
- Compatibility with all portable devices that feature a standard 3.5 mm jack, including iPad, iPhone, iPod, Kindle Fire, Nexus 7, and Microsoft Surface, among others.
- Assorted theme stickers with each pair that kids can stick on the earpiece.
- Durable, split resistant plastic construction.
- Four colors to choose from: purple, pink, blue and black.
Why We Like JBuddies
It is rare to receive a pair of headphones from an airline that fits a child’s head. I consider a pair of kid-safe headphones critical for flying with kids because in this day and age, the only gear that really keeps kids occupied on a plane is digital.
My daughter loves the color (purple) and the assorted stickers. They enable her to hear the iPad and DVD player above the hum of the engines, which wasn’t always the case with other kid-safe headphones we purchased. She can also adjust the fit and volume on her own. They fit in her purse or backpack just fine and travel with us everywhere now.
*Thanks to JLab Audio for providing La Jolla Girl with a pair of purple JBuddies to test.