The 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil is here! Starting today, watch the games at Eureka! in San Diego’s Westfield UTC shopping mall and sip on an All-American version of the traditional Brazilian cocktail, the Caipiroska.
A Caipiroska is a interpretation of Caipirinha prepared with vodka instead of the usual cachaça. The Eureka! Caipiroska is made with Ballast Point Fugu Vodka and locally-sourced ingredients.
If you can’t make it to Eureka!, make their recipe for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil-themed cocktail below.
- 1.5 oz Ballast Point Fugu Vodka
- 1 Demerara sugar cube
- .75 oz Brown Simple Syrup
- 3 lime wedges
- 1 orange rind (about a 1" peel will do)
- Muddle sugar cube and simple syrup together with a splash of water.
- Squeeze 3 Lime wedges into rocks glass, drop one of the limes.
- Add 1 orange rind to glass.
- Lightly muddle orange rind and lime wedge.
- Add vodka.
- Add crushed ice to glass.
Eureka!’s Caipiroska is available from Thursday, June 12 until Sunday, July 13, 2014 for $8. Take a much-needed break today at 1:00pm to watch the opening game of the 2014 FIFA World Cup (Brazil vs Croatia).
4353 La Jolla Village Dr.
San Diego, CA 92122
Eureka! proudly serves a collection of America’s best. Discover an elevated All-American selection of craft beer, small batch whiskey, regional wine, and locally sourced ingredients. The modern-yet-rustic San Diego restaurant is perfect for all ages and occasions.