The Grand Del Mar, a AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Five-Star property, is no doubt San Diego’s best luxury resort with its elegant rooms, full-service spa, renowned golf program, family-friendly offerings and award-winning restaurants. During the holidays the resort offers special menus and programs to put guests in a festive mood.
I had a chance to preview the new ginger pomegranate martini at The Grand Del Mar’s Lobby Lounge and it’s absolutely delicious. There’s a lot happening around the resort over the next few months–stay tuned for more information. In the meantime, this cocktail recipe is perfect for holiday entertaining.
- 1½ ounces Belvedere Vodka
- ¾ ounce Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
- ½ ounce Pama Pomegranate liqueur
- 1 ounce pomegranate purée
- Fresh pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake well. Pour into a martini glass and finish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
Holiday Happenings At The Grand Del Mar
Thanksgiving Feasting on Thursday, November 28
- Addison will feature a Thanksgiving-inspired Seven-Course Menu from 3 to 8 p.m.; $185 per person, $295 with wine pairings, exclusive of tax and gratuity
- Amaya will be serving a Three-Course Fall Tasting Menu from 12:30 to 8 p.m.; $78 per adult, $115 with wine; $30 per child (ages 6-12), exclusive of tax and gratuity.
- Family Thanksgiving Day Fun from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Aria Lawn for Explorer’s Club outdoor games, sack races, face painting, contests and more. Complimentary for resort guests and Amaya diners.
Christmas Eve Dining on Tuesday, December 24
- At Addison, Chef William Bradley will create an extravagant celebratory Seven-Course Menu from 5:30 to 9 p.m. $205 per person, $325 with wine pairings, exclusive of tax and gratuity.
- Amaya celebrates with a Three-Course Holiday Tasting Menu served from 4 to 9 p.m.; $80 per adult, $120 with wine; $30 per child (ages 6-12), exclusive of tax and gratuity.
Christmas Day at Amaya on Wednesday, December 25
- Three-Course Brunch Menu served from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; $52 per adult, $25 per child, exclusive of tax and gratuity.
- Three-Course Holiday Tasting Menu from 4 to 9 p.m.; $80 per adult; $120 with wine; $30 per child (ages 6-12), exclusive of tax and gratuity.
New Year’s Eve Dining & Revelry on Tuesday, December 31
- Addison salutes the New Year with a magnificent Seven-Course Menu served from 5:30 to 10:30 p.m.; $265 per person, $400 with wine pairings, exclusive of tax and gratuity. Includes complimentary entrance to The Grand New Year’s Eve Party.
- Amaya’s special New Year’s Eve Dinner is a Four-Course Tasting Menu served from 5 to 10 p.m.; $170 per person, $245 with wine, exclusive of tax and gratuity. Includes complimentary entrance to The Grand New Year’s Eve Party.
- At Club M on New Year’s Eve, there will be entertainment including several guest DJs from 7 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Cover charge is $60 per person. Table reservations start at $180 for bottle service, exclusive of tax and gratuity. Valet parking is $10.
- Live Music in the Lobby Lounge from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. Revelers will rejoice with expertly crafted cocktails while listening to jazz pianist and vocalist Jon Sandoval. No cover.
- The Grand New Year’s Eve Party in the Elizabeth Ballroom will be held from 9 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Dance the night away at the party of the year featuring BETAMAXX – a high-energy 80s dance band. Cover charge: $60 per person, exclusive of tax and gratuity. Complimentary entrance for Addison and Amaya diners.
- New Year’s Eve at the Explorer’s Club will be from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. It’s for young celebrants, ages 5 to 12, to ring in the New Year at their very own party – an evening filled with games, music, movies and special surprises. $15 per hour, per child; $50 for 4 hours; $90 for 8 hours. Reservations required. Call (858) 314-1957.
New Year’s Day Brunch at Amaya on Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- A special a la carte New Year’s Day Brunch will be offered to guests from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Grand Del Mar
5300 Grand Del Mar Court
San Diego, CA 92130