Fairmont Grand Del Mar, a AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Five-Star property, is no doubt one of San Diego’s best luxury resorts with its elegant rooms, full-service spa, renowned golf program, family-friendly offerings, and award-winning restaurants. The resort offers special menus and programs during the holidays to put guests in a festive mood.
I had a chance to preview the ginger pomegranate martini at The Lobby Lounge a few years back, and it’s absolutely delicious. This cocktail recipe is perfect for holiday entertaining.
- 1½ ounces Belvedere Vodka
- ¾ ounce Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
- ½ ounce Pama Pomegranate liqueur
- 1 ounce pomegranate purée
- Fresh pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Pour into a martini glass.
- inish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
The other seasonal cocktail we tried was the Al Capone. I’m not a bourbon drinker but this was outstanding. The balsamic vinegar really makes the drink!
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon aged balsamic vinegar
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 1½ ounces Bulleit Bourbon
- 1½ ounces Fever-Tree Ginger Ale
- Sprig of fresh basil for garnish
- Muddle the basil syrup and balsamic vinegar together.
- Add bourbon and ice.
- Shake well.
- Using a strainer, pour into an Old Fashioned glass containing fresh ice cubes, and then fill to the top with the ginger ale.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil.
Holiday Happenings at Fairmont Grand Del Mar
In addition to sampling seasonal cocktails, there is a ton to do every year at Fairmont Grand Del Mar during the holiday season. Activities include holiday dinners and teas, and even a glice skating rink. There’s s’mores, Santa visits and more. We update our Fairmont Grand Del Mar holiday activity post every year so that our guests there know what’s happening. The itinerary changes every year but it’s always fun.