The holidays are over and school-aged kids are back into their normal routine. My kindergartener is an only child and still gets fidgety during weekends when we’re just relaxing at home. I keep a perpetual stockpile of kids crafts around in case of emergencies.
Sometimes I buy kits, print coloring pages and other fun stuff off the internet, and re-purpose egg cartons as well as other things around the house. There’s 10 ingredients for kids crafts that I always keep in the pantry, which allow us to make play dough, paints, slime and other fun things on a whim.
Whatever It Takes, Avoid This
We had an elongated table for Christmas. Somewhere, during an episode of boredom, my husband and daughter created this gigantic fort. Think table seating 20–it’s huge.
It’s been three weeks, and it’s still in the dining room. There are tons and tons of toys inside and probably crushed Goldfish crackers and then some. It also smells like feet in there. I refuse to be the one to clean it up–that’s his job. And, I can only wait until the world’s largest meltdown occurs because she doesn’t want to take it down.
Fun Shipped To Your Door
This is better. I heard about BabbaBox a while back, thought it was a great idea and–truth be told–forgot about it until recently. Wouldn’t it be nice, if a box of craft supplies showed up on your doorstep once a month? Imagine the kids opening the box and quietly doing this:
Each month, the BabbaBox is delivered right to your door and features a wealth of activities all organized around a theme that kids 3-7 totally love. Most importantly, it helps parents spend more quality time with their kids without having to think up creative ideas or go out and buy materials. All you need to do is open up the box and enjoy!
Kids crafts such as BabbaBox encourage imaginative play, build fine motor skills and are fun to do. It’s win-win.
About The February BabbaBox: “My Amazing Adventures”
Has your child ever pretended to be an astronaut? What about had a play date with their favorite stuffed animal? When kids use their imaginations, not only do they have a ton of fun, but they develop the abstract thinking skills that are so important for academic learning later on. Engaging in pretend play also helps kids learn impulse control – which turns out to be even more important for school success than IQ! So by encouraging your kids to exercise their imaginations, you’re helping lay the foundation for future success. Who knew learning could be such an Amazing Adventure!
This month the BabbaBox has partnered with Shutterfly so that you can bring your child’s Amazing Adventures to life. There is no better cure for the short winter days than unlocking the imaginations of your little ones. Here are the details on what you’ll find inside your “My Amazing Adventures” BabbaBox…
- Make an adorable photo magnet of your kids and have it sent to your home – absolutely free – thanks to our special partnership with Shutterfly!
- Star in adventures to outerspace, the jungle – anywhere your imagination takes you – in a storybook you create and get to can keep.
- Using your personalized magnet from Shutterfly, cut out adventure costumes you get to color, make puppets that can play out your stories.
- Read “Henry’s Amazing Imagination” – a sweet story about a mouse whose imagination is so great that his friends begin to wonder if he’s fibbing! See how his teacher helps him harness his ideas into stories to share.
- Download a free copy of DinoBoy Adventures App – It’s a “choose your own” adventure story for the preschool set!
- And as a special “thank you” to our parents, this month we have an exclusive Shutterfly coupon for BabbaCo customers – so you can transform your favorite moments from 2012 into lasting memories.
Free BabbaBox Newsletter: Craft Ideas, Recipes and More
BabbaBox is a monthly subscription service, however, to get a flavor for what might be inside plus more ideas. The FREE BabbaBox newsletter provides ideas for DIY projects, recipes and other fun stuff that you can do with your kids. Sign up now and have the opportunity to win a great prize package of an annual membership of the BabbaBox and a $50 gift card from Shutterfly!
Additionally, BabbaCo is running a very special “Cure to the Indoor Blues” offer right now of 33% ($10) Off the 1st month of a new Monthly or Annual Subscription!
Just use the Coupon Code: FEB33 at checkout.
BabbaBox starts at $19.99 per month, depending on if you’re paying month by month or a year in advance, etc. I spend much more than that on her entertainment…that’s for sure. Have a look and if you’re a current BabbaBox subscriber, let us know what you think!
*Thanks to BabbaCo for sponsoring today’s discussion