With its year-round sunshine, gorgeous beaches and laid-back vibe, San Diego is one of the most popular vacation destinations in the United States. Residents can sightsee with family and friends using a free Hometown Pass that will allow them to ride Old Town Trolley Tours and our fun San Diego SEAL Tours for free when accompanied by a paying adult.
The Hometown Pass is offered by Historic Tours of America who owns both Old Town Trolley Tours and San Diego SEAL Tours. If you live in Boston, Key West, Savannah, St. Augustine or Washington DC, this pass is available in your hometown, too, as the company offers similar tours and attractions in these cities as well.
What Is the Hometown Pass?
Residents in six cities, including San Diego, can take a tour for free when accompanied by a paying adult (similar to buy one, get one free). In San Diego, these tours include Old Town Trolley Tours and San Diego SEAL Tours which are both owned by Historic Tours of America.
The Hometown Pass is a printable pass that you need to sign up for in advance online. Take it to a Historic Tours of America ticket booth or call 866-753-7975 to claim your free pass and purchase the accompanying paid adult pass.
Residents can use it as a fun staycation idea as there’s no requirement that you need to be with an out of town guest in order for the free pass to apply.
Old Town Trolley Tours
We’ve all seen the orange and green trolleys around town but when was the last time you were on board? The reason why they are one of San Diego’s most popular tour companies is because you can get on and off at your leisure at stops from Old Town to Coronado to Little Italy. The trolley covers over 100 points of interest and offers pick-up service from select hotels.
And, the Hometown Pass also applies to Old Town Trolley’s Beach Tour, which takes guests as far north as La Jolla.
San Diego Seal Tours
A ride on San Diego SEAL tours famous amphibious bus-boats is another of our best sightseeing tours. What’s a bus-boat? During the 90-minute adventure, guests enjoy a fully-narrated tour on land starting at Seaport Village. Then, the bus-boat drives into the water in search of seals while treating guests to spectacular views of downtown San Diego. The vehicle is U.S. Coast Guard-approved and a bundle of fun.
Terms And Conditions of the Hometown Pass
- Each Hometown pass holder receives free admission to some of Historic Tours of American tours and attractions for FREE when accompanied by a guest who has purchased A full fare adult ticket.
- Accompanying adult guest ticket must be purchased at a Historic Tours of America tour or attraction ticket booth or by calling 866-753-7975.
- Tickets may not be purchased online and may not be purchased using any discounts or coupons.
- In order to take advantage of this incredible offer, you must sign up in advance and present your Hometown Pass along with a valid photo id at the ticket booth.
- In order to sign up, each person must have a unique email address. Duplicate or shared emails will not be accepted in the system.
- A printed copy of your Hometown Pass must be presented with your photo ID in order to receive our Hometown Pass offer.
Hometown Passes are only valid in YOUR hometown and are not transferable to other cities. Have you ever used it?
Summer is here so get out there and see San Diego with a Hometown Pass!
*Photo credit: Flickr/Randy Son of Robert, Creative Commons 2.0