If you’d like to enjoy pumpkin dessert happiness in ramekin form, Pastry Chef Haley Sipan of barleymash restaurant in San Diego has created a Pumpkin Crème Brulee that will make your transition into fall a magical one.
Get your apron and chef’s hat on, and dive into this delicious recipe that your holiday guests are sure to love.
- 6 yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream (divided)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 2/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- Place egg yolk in a bowl and set aside
- Place half the cream, brown sugar, and salt in a pot and bring to a simmer. Stir in vanilla and spices and allow to steep for 10 minutes (off the heat). Then add remaining cream and bring to a simmer again.
- Temper into egg yolks and strain over an ice bath. Whisk in pumpkin puree. Allow to cool.
- Measure into 6 oz. ramekins. Bake in a water bath at 300 for 30 minutes (rotating half way through)
Recipe is courtesy of Chef Haley Sipan of barleymash in San Diego
And if you’d like to check out more from barleymash, see recipes for big batches of cocktails which will also come in handy during the holidays![no_toc]