Encore Champagne Bar & Dining Room in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter will introduce a team of heroic cocktails inspired by comic book icons in celebration of Comic-Con (July 24-27). If you can’t make it downtown, two of the Comic-Con cocktail recipes follow should you like to celebrate at home.
Comic-Con Cocktails to order at Encore
- The Hammered Hulk: A powerful blend of Malibu Coconut Rum, Blue Curacao, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Midori, pineapple juice and a dash of Sprite ($8)
- Kryptonite: A festive mix of Blue Curacao, tequila, lime and simple syrup and garnished with a Cherry Pop Rocks rim ($8)
- Joker Juice: Made with Giffard Crème de Cassis, Russian Standard Vodka, lemon juice, soda and topped off with a pour of Piper-Heidsieck Brut Cuvee Champagne, all served in a sour apple candy-rimmed glass ($8)
- Fizz-tastic Four Champagne flight: Duval-Leroy Brut, Canard-Duchene Authentic Rosé, Henriot Blanc de Blancs and Piper-Heidsieck Cuvee Sublime Demi-Sec ($22)
Superhero Cocktail Recipe: Hammered Hulk
This tribute to The Hulk is pictured above. Side note: I met Lou Ferrigno (the actor who played The Hulk) at Comic-Con about a decade ago.
- ½ ounce Malibu Coconut Rum
- ¼ ounce Blue Curacao
- ¾ ounce Midori
- 1 oz Tito’s Vodka
Place all liquors into a shaker, shake hard two-to-three times and poor over ice into a Collins glass. Top off with pineapple juice and a splash of Sprite
Superhero Cocktail Recipe: Joker Juice
I love the color on this one.
- ½ ounce Giffard Crème de Cassis
- 1 ¼ ounce Russian Standard Vodka
- Splash of freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Splash of soda
- Top with Piper-Heidsieck Brut Cuvee Chamapgne
Rim a bucket glass with green sweet & sour candy. Mix all ingredients together in a shaker and pour over ice.
The big pinnable images are for your cocktail Pinterest boards (click to view mine)! Don’t forget to stop into Encore this week.