Encore Champagne Bar & Dining Room in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter will introduce a team of heroic cocktails inspired by comic book icons in celebration of Comic-Con (July 24-27). If you can’t make it downtown, two of the Comic-Con cocktail recipes follow should you like to celebrate at home.
Comic-Con Cocktails to order at Encore
- The Hammered Hulk: A powerful blend of Malibu Coconut Rum, Blue Curacao, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Midori, pineapple juice and a dash of Sprite ($8)
- Kryptonite: A festive mix of Blue Curacao, tequila, lime and simple syrup and garnished with a Cherry Pop Rocks rim ($8)
- Joker Juice: Made with Giffard Crème de Cassis, Russian Standard Vodka, lemon juice, soda and topped off with a pour of Piper-Heidsieck Brut Cuvee Champagne, all served in a sour apple candy-rimmed glass ($8)
- Fizz-tastic Four Champagne flight: Duval-Leroy Brut, Canard-Duchene Authentic Rosé, Henriot Blanc de Blancs and Piper-Heidsieck Cuvee Sublime Demi-Sec ($22)
Superhero Cocktail Recipe: Hammered Hulk
This tribute to The Hulk is pictured above. Side note: I met Lou Ferrigno (the actor who played The Hulk) at Comic-Con about a decade ago.
- ½ ounce Malibu Coconut Rum
- ¼ ounce Blue Curacao
- ¾ ounce Midori
- 1 oz Tito’s Vodka
Place all liquors into a shaker, shake hard two-to-three times and poor over ice into a Collins glass. Top off with pineapple juice and a splash of Sprite
Superhero Cocktail Recipe: Joker Juice
I love the color on this one.
- ½ ounce Giffard Crème de Cassis
- 1 ¼ ounce Russian Standard Vodka
- Splash of freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Splash of soda
- Top with Piper-Heidsieck Brut Cuvee Chamapgne
Rim a bucket glass with green sweet & sour candy. Mix all ingredients together in a shaker and pour over ice.
The big pinnable images are for your cocktail Pinterest boards (click to view mine)! Don’t forget to stop into Encore this week.
Katie Dillon is the managing editor of La Jolla Mom. She helps readers plan San Diego vacations through her hotel expertise (that stems from living in a Four Seasons hotel) and local connections. Readers have access to exclusive discounts on theme park tickets (like Disneyland and San Diego Zoo) and perks at luxury hotels worldwide through her. She also shares insider tips for visiting major cities worldwide like Hong Kong, London, Paris, and Shanghai that her family has either lived in or visits regularly (or both).
25 Exotic Asian Fruits to Try on Your Next Trip to the Region or Grocer
Everything You Need to Know About Chinese Hot Pot
13 Benefits of Drinking Warm Lemon Water in the Morning (It’s Good for You)
Girl Scout Cookies Recipe: Easy Thin Mints Ice Cream Pie