Are you wondering where to have your Christmas dinner this year? Maybe you’d rather skip cooking and doing dishes and enjoy a meal at your favorite restaurant. This post will give you details on all the great spots you can dine for your Christmas celebration.
Note: This list is a work in progress so if I’m missing San Diego restaurants with Christmas or New Year’s offerings, please leave a comment or email me. Prices listed below also do not include tax, service fees, or gratuities.
Serẽa Restaurant at Hotel del Coronado
Come celebrate the holiday season at Serẽa Coastal Cuisine. At Serẽa, you can enjoy their Christmas Eve by the Sea event. This is a festive, three course prix-fixe Christmas meal.
Some of the offerings include scallop crudo, prime rib roast, and a Manhattan cioppino. You can top your meal off with a cranberry mousse. This menu will be offered Christmas Day, and all weekend long as well.
- December 24, 2021, from 4–9 p.m.
- Brunch available from 11:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m., Dinner served 5–9 p.m.
- $120 per person, $45 per child
Hotel del Coronado Crown Room
Dine in the iconic Crown Room on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, where you can indulge in their lavish holiday buffet. The buffet will include all the traditional favorites and culinary surprises to enjoy all day long.
While at The Del, you will be surrounded by thousands of sparkling lights on the property, as well as Christmas trees, garlands, and holiday decor that will surely delight guests of all ages. Make reservations ASAP.
- $175 per person, $75 per child
- Reservations are recommended
You can enjoy your San Diego Christmas dinner or brunch and spend the night! At the time of this writing there are still rooms available. Read my full Hotel del Coronado review. Through me you have access to:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability (room upgrades are not possible in Beach Village)
- Daily breakfast credit of $40 per person for two guests per bedroom
- $100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
If you see multiple rates for the same room at Hotel del Coronado on Virtuoso.com, choose the lowest one.
Room selection tips: Only book Pool View and Oceanfront rooms in The Cabanas building and Beachside, Ocean View, or Oceanfront rooms in The Views building. Any other room type in these buildings may have construction exposure. Some but not all Ocean View and Oceanfront rooms in The Views also have construction exposure.
Lionfish at Pendry San Diego
If you’re looking for a modern take on coastal cuisine, Lionfish inside of Pendry San Diego is your place. They will be offering a number of holiday treats, including Wagyu filet steak and lobster, topped with creamed horsey spinach purée, crispy potato gratin, and LF1 sauce, along with a Chocolate Yule Log for dessert.
The James Beard Smart Catch Leader and Executive Chef JoJo Ruiz will delight your palate with an extra special holiday meal.
If you would like to stay the night, don’t forget that you have access to Virtuoso amenities at Pendry San Diego through me. These include:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Breakfast credit at Provisional Restaurant or In-Room Dining for two guests per bedroom daily ($30 maximum per person, per day)
- $100 USD Resort or Hotel credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
*The desktop version of Virtuoso.com is where you’ll search rates and book online. To enable the desktop version from a mobile device, after clicking on a Virtuoso hotel link, scroll down to the navy blue section at the bottom of the web page and click “Full Site.”
San Diego’s destination eatery inside of Town & Country Resort, Arlo, will be offering a special Christmas menu for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
The menu will include holiday favorites such as, Air Dried Christmas Goose and Santa’s Tapas Trio. Pair this with a hand-crafted cocktail suc has Spiked Brown Butter Egg Nog.
Sally’s at Manchester Grand Hyatt
Holiday travelers staying at Manchester Grand Hyatt and locals alike are invited to Sally’s Fish House & Bar to indulge in a plated Christmas Day dinner including salt and herb crusted prime rib, grilled jumbo prawns, caramelized cipollini onions, creamy herb horseradish sauce and much more.
Seasonal craft cocktails, such as the Winter Rose with Makers Mark, Rudolph with You & Yours Gin will also be available.
- $52 per person (excluding beverages)
Harrah’s Resort Southern California
If you’re looking for a holiday escape, or to just enjoy top-tier dining, look no further than Funner, California. Harrah’s Resort So Cal’s lobby will welcome and quickly transport you to a Christmas winter wonderland. These are the special Christmas offering to choose from:
- The Café: The Merry Turkey Dinner is complete with freshly carved white meat turkey, candied sweet potatoes with pecan bacon, green beans and gravy. $22
- ‘ritas Cantina: Chile Relleno En Nogada is a classic holiday dish, with roasted poblano chile, shredded beef birria, dried apples, apricots, plums and a walnut crema. $18.99
- Fiore: Enjoy a bone-in 24oz Wagyu beef filet mignon, with creamed spinach, duck fat potatoes and rich bernaise. $90
Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Rancho Valencia will be welcoming guests with the ultimate Christmas Feast on Christmas Day.
Menu highlights include an expansive cold seafood station, photo-worthy cheese and charcuterie, house-made cavatelli, mero sea bass and wild mushroom risotto, with a specialty kid’s buffet sure to satisfy the pickiest of eaters (pigs in a blanket, assorted mini quesadillas and mac and cheese).
Live music, seasonal sweets, cookie decorating, caroling, and horse-drawn carriage rides will round out your magical Christmas celebration.
- December 25, 2021, 11 a.m.–4 p.m.
- $165 per person, $55 per child 11 years of age and under, free for children 3 and under
- Also offering a Christmas to-go option, to choose from favorite sides and pies to the entire holiday meal. Orders must be placed online by Thursday, December 16 at 5 p.m. More details are available here.
DIY Holiday Cookie Kits are a delicious way to spend quality time with the family this Christmas. The cookie kits are plant-based and gluten-free, made with the highest quality ingredients and 100% organic products, free of artificial colorings and shortening. The unique red frosting is colored with beet juice, while the green frosting is made with matcha powder – available for nationwide shipping on their website starting December 6th.
Cafe Gratitude x Breadblok Collaboration
Cafe Gratitude has announced their month long collaboration with Angeleno’s favorite west-side artisan bakery, Breadblok. Through December, guests can enjoy Cafe Gratitude’s special ‘I Am Connected’ ($14) bread bowl made with different soups daily and Breadbloks gluten-free, hand-crafted bread. This will be available starting December 1st.
Ranch 45 a la Carte Holiday Pick Up Menu
Don’t need a full meal? No problem. Turn to Ranch 45’s completely a la carte holiday pick up menu so that you can customize your Christmas or Christmas Eve feast.
- Herb-crusted Prime Rib
- Smoked Beef Tenderloin
- Smoked Cornish Game Hens
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Olive Oil Smashed Potatoes
- Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie, or Apple Crisp
- And Much More
The Solana Beach butcher shop and eatery will be accepting orders by 4pm on Sunday, December 19. Check out their breakfast box which would be awesome for Christmas morning.
Where will you pick up Christmas dinner in San Diego? See also: Ultimate Guide to Christmas in San Diego.