One of our favorite San Diego luxury hotels, Fairmont Grand Del Mar, is pulling out the stops for the holidays. In addition to the Ginger Pomegranate Martini recipe I shared a few weeks ago, this Al Capone cocktail is so smooth and unique that it’s bound to impress holiday guests. I’m normally not a bourbon drinker but I loved the smooth flavor and didn’t actually taste the alcohol.
With it’s opulent yet comfortable interior, lounging at Fairmont Grand Del Mar during the holidays is a perfect way to get into the festive spirit. Don’t feel like cooking? Spend Thanksgiving day at Amaya dining on a three-course menu and by participating in family games, face painting and more on the Aria Lawn. Both restaurants, Addison and Amaya, offer mouthwatering Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve menus guaranteed to add a little luxe into your holiday. After all, the resort boasts the prestigious AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Five-Star awards.
Stop into Fairmont Grand Del Mar’s Lobby Lounge to sip this Al Capone cocktail or go ahead and make it on your own using the recipe provided courtesy of the hotel.
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon aged balsamic vinegar
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 1½ ounces Bulleit Bourbon
- 1½ ounces Fever-Tree Ginger Ale
- Sprig of fresh basil for garnish
- Muddle the basil syrup and balsamic vinegar together. Add bourbon and ice. Shake well. Using a strainer, pour into an Old Fashioned glass containing fresh ice cubes, and then fill to the top with the ginger ale. Garnish with sprig of basil.
Now, why don’t you take an Instagram tour of Fairmont Grand Del Mar’s holiday offerings?
Photo courtesy of The Grand Del Mar