October is National Pineapple Month and to celebrate, Island’s Fine Burgers and Drinks is cluing us in on how they make their famous Hawaiian Burger. Over 14,000 pounds of fresh pineapple is used every week in their surf-inspired menu.
See also: Rubio’s Guacamole Recipe
This recipe is meant to be a guideline so that you can adjust for how many guests you are serving. The Islands Hawaiian burger is also often enjoyed in slider form.
- pre-shaped uncooked burger patty
- cut fresh pineapple rings
- Swiss cheese
- shredded lettuce
- sliced onion
- sliced tomato
- teriyaki sauce
- Get the grill sizzling and well-seasoned with a light brush of cooking oil before you start.
- Grill freshly-cut pineapple rings for 5 minutes per side over hot grills.
- Cook burger patty on a hot grill for 2.5 - 3 minutes per side.
- Add Swiss cheese after the flip to achieve the perfect melt.
- Toast bun on oiled grill for 2-3 minutes
- Spread mayo on the bottom bun.
- Layer shredded lettuce, onion and tomato on bottom bun.
- Place hamburger patty with Swiss cheese on next - the build is very important to achieve the best mix of flavors.
- Top with pineapple rings, teriyaki sauce and top bun.
Of course, if you’d like to eat it at an Islands Fine Burgers and Drinks restaurant, its one of our family-friendly San Diego restaurant options with a number of locations around town.