These Santa Claus cupcakes are easy enough for your kids to do. I looked at loads of other recipes that were labor intensive, but ultimately developed these based on what I already had in the pantry. Unfortunately, I don’t have time to break out the cake decorating kit this season.
- Frosted cupcakes
- Red sugar crystal sprinkles
- White chocolate chips
- Mini chocolate chips
- Red M&Ms
- Shredded coconut
- Take the frosted cupcake and sprinkle red sugar crystals on almost half the cupcake.
- Place white chocolate chips along the bottom of the sugar crystals to create the hat brim.
- Place one white chocolate chip at the top of the cupcake to complete the hat.
- Put two mini chocolate chips on the cupcake for Santa's eyes.
- Add a red M&M for Santa's nose.
- Push coconut on below the nose and all the way up the sides to the hat.
- Touch up with frosting. For example, if a sprinkle flies into the wrong place, just take a small knife, your finger or a brush and put frosting over it. That's if you can't fish it out.
I would suggest that you use the best banana muffin or cupcake recipe for these, as they have coconut in them too. Top with buttercream frosting and you’ll be in heaven. If you have more time in your hands, try these reindeer cupcakes.
So, don’t panic if you need to bring a dessert to a Christmas party. Kids and adults will love these!
Pin the recipe for later: