Half-Off Admission at Over 40 San Diego Museums in February
Pick up a Museum Month pass to get yourself and three guests entry for half the price!
Macy’s Museum Month gives patrons a chance to discover what’s new at more than 40 San Diego museums with savings only seen once a year. Starting February 1, participants can pick up a Museum Month Pass at any area Macy’s store to enjoy half-off admission to all of the participating museums through the entire month of February.
Now is a perfect time to visit San Diego’s best museums. In April 2015, the San Diego was recognized by the National Geographic Channel documentary, “World’s Smart Cities: San Diego,” where the region gained applause for its lifestyle rich in art, cultural diversity and natural beauty.
“San Diego is a rich arts and culture destination and we couldn’t be more proud to celebrate Macy’s Museum Month,” said Theresa Kosen, executive director of the San Diego Museum Council. “The heart of our local museum community blossomed in Balboa Park over a century ago and today we stand as an extraordinary footprint of museums located as far north as the Oceanside Museum of Art in the City of Oceanside and south toward the Tijuana Estuary at the International border. Our thanks go to sponsors like Macy’s who make February an exciting time to visit San Diego’s museums.”
Macy’s Museum Month was created in 1989 to promote awareness of the region’s museums, historical sites, educational institutions, and cultural offerings. This month-long promotion has grown to become a cultural tradition unrivaled in the United States. Last year nearly 30,000 visitors used a Macy’s Museum Month Pass to enjoy half-priced admissions at San Diego area museums.
The pass is good for you and three guests!
San Diego Museums Participating in Museum Month
The list of museums include:
- Adobe Chapel
- Barona Cultural Center & Museum
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Bonita Museum & Cultural Center
- California Center for the Arts, Escondido Museum
- California Surf Museum
- Coronado Museum of History & Art
- Fleet Science Center
- Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum
- Gaslamp Museum at William Heath Davis House
- Heritage of the Americas Museum
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- Junipero Serra Museum
- La Jolla Historical Society
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Lux Art Institute
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Marston House Museum & Gardens
- Mingei International Museum
- Miniature Engineering Craftsmanship Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, Downtown
- Museum of Making Music
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- New Americans Museum
- Oceanside Museum of Art
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Botanic Garden
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- The New Children’s Museum
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- Tijuana Estuary Visitors Center
- Timken Museum of Art
- USS Midway Museum
- Veterans Museum at Balboa Park
- Visions Art Museum
- Warner-Carillo Ranch House & Museum
- Water Conservation Garden
- Whaley House Museum
- Women’s Museum of California
How to Pick Up a Museum Month Pass
Individuals can pick up a free Macy’s Museum Month pass at any of the 15 Macy’s locations in the San Diego area, including Temecula and Imperial Valley throughout February. Pass holders will receive half-off admission at more than 40 San Diego County museums. Guests with a pass may bring up to three people to participating museums to receive half-off admission for the entire party. Additional fees may apply for special exhibitions at participating museums.
Which San Diego museums will you visit during Museum Month?
*Photo credits: San Diego Air and Space Museum/Peter Carney for Balboa Park,